Governor Abbott, TDEM Ready Resources Ahead Of Severe Weather In North Texas
“The State of Texas is prepared to respond to any potential severe weather, and resources have been placed on standby in the event severe weather response operations are needed,” said Governor Abbott. “While we continue to closely monitor the weather, Texans are encouraged to follow the guidance warnings of local emergency management officials.”
The following state resources and personnel have been rostered in the event severe weather response operations are needed:
- Texas A&M Forest Service: Saw crews and incident management teams
- Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (Texas A&M Task Force One/Two): Swift water rescue boat squads and Urban Search & Rescue resources in the event of tornadic activity
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department: Game Warden boat teams
- Texas Department of Public Safety: Texas Highway Patrol
- Texas Department of State Health Services: Emergency Medical Task Force (EMTF) severe weather packages
- Texas Department of Transportation: Road condition monitoring and emergency debris removal from major roads
- Public Utility Commission: Power outage monitoring and coordination with utility providers
Texans can visit TexasFlood.org for resources and tips on how to stay safe during flood events.
For more natural disaster safety tips and resources for how to stay safe, please visit texasready.gov.