Railroad Commission of Texas commissioners on Tuesday appointed five members to represent different segments of the state’s natural gas industry to the Texas Energy Reliability Council (TERC).
TERC was formalized in Senate Bill 3 to “ensure that the energy and electric industries in this state meet high priority human needs and address critical infrastructure concerns” and to “enhance coordination and communication in the energy and electric industries in this state.”
The five members appointed to TERC by RRC’s commissioners will join Chairman Wayne Christian and other representatives appointed by the Governor and the Public Utility Counsel and also officials from other agencies.
RRC’s appointees are:
- Jason Herrick, president of Pantera Energy, representing the operation of wells producing natural gas.
- Grant Ruckel, vice president for government affairs at Energy Transfer, representing the pipelines.
- Danny Wesson, executive vice president of operations for Diamondback, representing injection and storage of produced water.
- Graham Bacon, executive vice president, and chief operating officer of Enterprise Products, representing gas processing.
- Keith Wall, director of regulatory affairs for Southern Gas Operations at CenterPoint Energy, representing local gas distribution companies.