Bilingual FEMA Representatives will be on-site to assist
Computers, internet access, & bilingual guidance available Saturday & multiple days next week
Harris County, TX — Commissioner Adrian Garcia has continued the FEMA Application Assistance Program for residents and businesses, with the next event happening tomorrow, March 13th and continuing Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday of next week. Precinct 2 staff will provide computers, internet access, and guidance (in both English and Spanish) to anyone who needs help applying for FEMA aid. FEMA representatives will also be at the centers to assist applicants in both English and Spanish. Help is available at the following Precinct 2 facilities from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day and operating on the following schedule:
- Saturday, March 13th at San Jacinto Community Center (604 Highland Woods Dr., Highlands, TX 77562)
- Wednesday, March 17th at Flukinger Community Center (16003 Lorenzo St., Channelview, TX 77530)
- Thursday, March 18th at Riley Chambers Community Center (808 ½ Magnolia Ave., Crosby, TX 77532)
- Saturday, March 20th at Bay Area Community Center (5002 E. Nasa Pkwy., Seabrook, TX 77586)
Anyone without insurance who is wishing to receive help with the recovery process is asked to take the following steps:
- Take photos of your damaged home and belongings
- Make a list of damaged/lost items
- Create an email address if you do not have one already
Those with insurance are urged to take the same steps as above when filing a claim with their insurance company. FEMA Applications are available at DisasterAssistance.gov and/or by calling (800) 621-3362 or (800) 462-7585. See printable and shareable flyers on the following two pages.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Precinct 2 facilities are still observing CDC guidance and mask/social distancing will be required for anyone who wishes to receive help from this program.