Houston Health Department-affiliated COVID-19 testing sites are open across the city with the capacity to test at least 19,000 people daily.
Although testing demand is up, none of the sites have closed this week due to capacity. The department is monitoring demand and plans to scale up capacity if needed.
People can visit HoustonHealth.org or call 832-393-4220 to find a nearby free testing site. If individual sites reach capacity, the website will update.
“We’re pleased to leverage our existing network of partners to provide robust COVID-19 testing opportunities across Houston,” said Stephen Williams, director of the health department. “In addition to vaccination, testing is another layer of protection that can help us celebrate more safely this holiday season.”
This week’s schedule includes 28 free testing sites consisting of health department multi-service centers, Curative kiosks, and United Memorial Medical Center sites.
Houston Health Department
Houston Health Department testing sites are open from December 22 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and December 23 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The sites do not require appointments, but appointments are available via www.hhdvaccinations.org or by calling 832-393-4220. Each health department site has the capacity for approximately 250 daily tests.
- Acres Homes Multi-Service Center, 6719 W. Montgomery Rd, 77091
- Hiram Clark Multi-Service Center, 3810 Fuqua St, 77045
- Magnolia Multi-Service Center, 7037 Capitol St., 77011
- Southwest Multi-Service Center, 6400 High Star Dr.
Appointments for Curative walk-up testing kiosks are available at curative.com and walk-ups are welcome. The sites are open December 22-23 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. unless noted otherwise below. Creative sites have a daily capacity of approximately 800 tests each.
- Beltway South, 11601 S. Sam Houston Pkwy, 77089
- Fe Y Justicia Worker Center, 1209 James St., 77009
- First Transit, 5555 Deauville Plaza Dr., 77092
- Hearthstone Corners Shopping Center, 6016 Highway 6 North, 77084
- Hermann Park (Miller Outdoor Theatre), 6000 Hermann Park Dr., 77030
- Jones Square, 10955 FM 1960 West, 77070
- Maplewood, 5645 Beechnut, 77096
- Memorial Drive-Presbyterian Church, 11612 Memorial Drive, 77024
- METRO Fallbrook, 111 Fallbrook Dr., 77038
- METRO Fannin South, 1604 W. Belfort Blvd., 77054
- METRO Hiram Clark, 4175 Uptown Dr., 77045
- METRO Kashmere, 5700 Eastex Fwy., 77026
- METRO Polk, 5700 Polk St., 77023
- METRO West, 11555 Westpark Dr., 77082
- Northshore Shopping Center, 1238 Uvalde Rd., 77015
- Orange Grove Parking Lot, 10225 Almeda Genoa Rd., 77075
- Tanglewilde Center, 9529 Westheimer, 77063
- Telephone Road Center Kiosk, 3337 Telephone Rd., 77023
- University of Houston-Downtown, 201 Girard St., 77002
- University of St. Thomas, 1300 Richmond Ave. (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Vida City Church, 1300 W. Mount Houston Rd., 77038 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
United Memorial Medical Center
United Memorial Medical Center testing sites do not require appointments and are open December 22-24 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. People may visit ummcscreening.com/testing-locations for additional UMMC sites not listed below. UMMC sites have the capacity for approximately 550 daily tests.
- Houston Community College – Southeast Campus, 6815 Rustic, St., 77087
- PlazAmericas, 7500 Bellaire Blvd., 77036
- United Memorial Medical Center, 510 W Tidwell Rd., 77091
Getting tested or vaccinated at Houston Health Department-affiliated sites is FREE, and does not require proof of residency, citizenship, or insurance.
Testing and vaccination schedules are updated weekly at houstonhealth.org. People may call 832-393-4220 for assistance finding nearby free sites.
Health Department-affiliated sites are not the only places people can get tested for COVID-19 in Houston. Testing is available at most doctor offices and many retail pharmacies, in addition to many independent providers across the city.