Free Cell Phone and Service Events for Eligible DART Riders
Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) has partnered with Assurance Wireless to offer free cell phone service and a free cell phone to eligible DART riders who are currently enrolled in a qualifying federal or state assistance program. Participants can also receive a Discount GoPass® Tap Card, with a 50% discount on the regular price of a DART pass, when attending one of several upcoming events. For more information on free cell phone service, visit our website at DART.org/freesmartphone.
To establish eligibility, DART riders should bring proof of participation in qualifying programs (supporting documentation) to the event. Documentation must include your full name and address and be dated to show your current participation.
- Thursday, November 10, 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Downtown Irving/Heritage Crossing Station
(201 Rock Island Road, Irving, TX 75060)
- Monday, November 14, 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Bernal/Singleton Transfer Location
(5151 Singleton Blvd., Dallas, TX 75212)
- Wednesday, November 16, 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Parker Road Station
(2600 Archerwood Street, Plano, TX 75074)
- Friday, November 18, 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Glenn Heights Park & Ride
(1200 E. Bear Creek Road, Glenn Heights, TX 75154)
Free Cell Phone Service and a Free Smartphone
DART riders may qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) if they participate in:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
Riders may qualify for Texas Lifeline if they participate in any of the three programs above, or in any of the following:
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP)
- DHA: Housing Solutions for North Texas
- Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
DART Discount GoPass® Tap Card
DART launched the Discount GoPass® Tap Card pilot-program to ensure riders who qualify have access to jobs, health care and educational opportunities, reducing social and economic inequalities by making mobility financially feasible to more people.
All new and current DART riders who participate in any of the following programs are now eligible for DART services at half the fare:
- CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program)
- TANF (Texas Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- CEAP (Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program)
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- Housing Choice Vouchers
- DHA Housing Solutions for North Texas Program
- Texas WIC (Texas Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children)