Funded by Harris County’s COVID-19 Emergency Direct Assistance Program
Harris County is providing $40 million in funding to help people who are suffering financial hardship brought on by COVID-19. Households that are selected and approved will receive a one-time payment of $1,200 for emergency expenses.
Harris County partnered with Catholic Charities as the administrator for $40 million in emergency financial assistance to help Harris County residents who are experiencing financial distress as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For households located within Harris County that meet eligibility requirements
- One-time $1,200 payment
- Funds may be used for emergency expenses such as healthcare, rent, utilities, food, internet connectivity, transportation and childcare.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Your household must be located in Harris County.
- If you already received other COVID-19 related assistance from Harris County, you are not eligible.
- Your household must have at least one member enrolled in a public assistance program or have total household income less than 60% of the HUD Area Median Family Income at the time of application.
- Households must demonstrate impact on income due to COVID.
- Limited funds may be available for individuals who do not meet federal funding requirements.